Monday, April 13, 2009

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

I've decided that I love oranges. Not the way they taste. Not the way they smell. Not the color (at least not in large quantities.) And not so much oranges in real life. Instead, I am inexplicably drawn to images of oranges and orange blossoms, like the one on the right. My eyes just like the way they make them feel. (I know that's weird.) They're traditional, retro, modern, glamorous, and simple...all at the same time. Not quite sure how they pull it off.

Do you know who else loves oranges?



Santa.




And the woodsman.














And the Virgin Mary















For those of you that are now extremely concerned with the state of my mental health, rest assured that this is where my obsession ends. I will not be converting my home into a tiled mosaic shrine or holding circus sideshows in my backyard that no one will attend. At least not any time soon. But you can be sure that when I do buy my future home in Ft. Worth (no, I have not given up on it yet!) that orange blossoms will be present...in a subtle, tasteful way, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment